• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85R20 vs 14.00 R20XLs?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, before the "we have a search feature" crowd begin, I did! My wrecker has 14.00R20XLs on it. I can get a good deal on a dozen 395/85R20s(MRAP) tires and wheels, how do they compare? About the same? I know they are both 20 inch wheels. Are they interchangeable for the wrecker(full set)?

sandcobra164

If they are MRAP wheels, they will not bolt onto your Wrecker. You can however swap the tires onto your current rims. You will lose a little top speed but the 14´s are only supposed to be driven at 55 mph on the highway anyhow. Sure, lots of us exceed that but that doesn´t make it right. You will gain a little in the realm of acceleration although I doubt you would really notice.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
395's are a little shorter (1" or 2") but they are wider and heavier with a higher rated speed. Sandcorbra is correct about remounting them onto the 939 rims, I'm in the process of doing another swap like that and will be doing it to my wrecker once the tires get enough dry rot. I think they'd be a great fit for a wrecker as they wont give as much due to the run flats when lifting heavy objects.