• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395s rubbing on turns ?

jfnemt1ff1

My deuce with the 395s with stock wheels seems to rub on the steering tie rod. It only does it on hard right turns, my question is would the one piece wheels stop this from going on?
John

wehring

Yup...

Yes, wider wheels with less backspace will prevent this. I have no rubbing issues. We use these trucks for disaster relief and push them pretty hard during driver training.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

tm america

you could get some m34 wheels to fix the problem.as far as one piece wheels i have no idea what one piece wheels you are talking about i have only seen them in 19.5 ,22.5 and 24.5.there are alot of aftermarket wheels out there some fix that problem and make them hit the bed at full flex or hit the outside of the fenders and exhaust at full flex

wehring

upper shock mount

check for shiny metal on the corner of your upper shock mounts. That is where I rubbed during factory wheel / 395 field trials. Never hit the tierod.

Justin

tm america

it doesnt hust anything hitting the drag link .mine hit the inner fenders too so i had to redesign them so they dont cut the lugs off the tire .i just bent the lovers in and took the bfh to the area they hit at the bottom of the inner fenders:twisted:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
John, I put some budd nuts on the hub, then the rim, and then the regular nuts and it helped a little. Might be worth a try. If you are using stock rims, I think the 135 rim(like what Stretch uses) would be best for you. I am having my hemtt rims modded, so the problem should go away soon.

Alredneck

Banned
Apoc has 395s on stock rims, it rubs on the drag link under full right turns and has a considerable groove cut into the sidewall just below where the tread ends. Some would consider it unsafe, I think I can go a lil further before swapping to a good tire. It would suck having a blow out with a 395 on the front, at highway speed! ( Apoc can do a gps verified 70mph on the flat ground ) Swapping to the right rims would be best idea, I cant afford em so and dont want to go to a smaller tire so im living with the rubbing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks