• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

40 Foot Container Trailers?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I inherited responsibility for the company fleet of cars, trucks and trailers this week and as I made an inventory I have three container trailers that are listed as dunnage apparently they hauled in three back up generators for the facility and were listed as disposable dunnage? It was raining so I just got a couple of shots but the flat bed trailers I have seen have the vertical studs on all corners you push up and lock into the container, these trailers have a stud on the rear but they have a horizontal stud that slides into the front corner of the container horizontally? At any rate since I don't have title or property numbers I will probable scrap them out, I think they have a 10 hole pattern so can I use these tires on my idled 5 tons just for storage rather than have them sitting on my fairly new ndts?

Attachments

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The generator dealer, who is no longer in business, and we are not willing to take on the responsibility of putting them back on the road.

bearboley

There just scrap they are not heavy maybe 8000lb with tires and container yards have them stacked up and will sell you a good one for 500 bucks. With no title there no good to anyone. The tires will fit ur 5 ton

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I do scrap them out I plan on pulling all the small stuff including the landing legs, air tanks, wheels and air lines for future use, the trailers in really good condition considering.

islandguydon

I have ran an add for a 20' ISO container trailer for a year now. I will buy one. These will work for a 1/2 size as well. I don't need a title at all as long as 1 is road worthy.

NEIOWA

The generator dealer, who is no longer in business, and we are not willing to take on the responsibility of putting them back on the road.
Someone owns them. If the business went bankrupt the court assigned their assets to someome. Get advise from your Co attorney before doing something dumb. The storage charge might be the idea.

jasonjc

I have ran an add for a 20' ISO container trailer for a year now. I will buy one. These will work for a 1/2 size as well. I don't need a title at all as long as 1 is road worthy.
If you look at the pic these will NOT work with 20' Iso containers. There is nothing half way on the trailer to hold them. Nor do they look like they would hold a regular 40 footer.The frame as a hump in front , not flat all the way down.

But I could use the tries and wheels on my M129 trailer that does not have any;) HINT HINT;)

quickfarms

Lien sale is probably the way to go.

Technically they do not belong to you and if you scrap them you could be liable for their value.

If you lien sale them you will probably just get the title but the owner, or their sucessor, could show up with a check and pick them up for the amount of the lein. either way you win and you can get rid of them legally.

You should consult an attorney first and you will proobably end up hiring somone do do the lien sale paperwork.

jasonjc

If the trailers came with the generator. Then you own them. They may not have been titled, the tags may just be one time or dealer tags or the dealer could could have just put some tags on them to get them there. Check with the paper work on the generators see if they say anything about trailers. If as said above they are dunnage it just like a pallet they are all yours.