• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

40% Off Cyber Monday Hydraulic Goodies = M925A2 Going Dump !!!

74M35A2

Bailey Hydraulics has 40% off and free shipping today if anybody needs hydro parts. It finally motivated me to buy the two 90" stroke, 3 stage, 7 ton, 4" telescopic cylinders I want to make my M925A2 a dump. Going a different path, and will mount them outboard of the frame rails at an angle like a Volvo dump truck, but to the bottom of the bed, and a steeper angle, as the Volvo is not telescopic. $513 total for both, today. VD.jpg

If you call or order online, discount code for today is "cyber16".

If you need or want to do an even lower cost version, you can run a single inverted trunnion mount cylinder with a longer stroke at the front of the bed, but I wanted to keep my spare tire where it is so that was not an option for me. Perfect for a trailer conversion. Very
easy to do. Example pic below:

td.png

Last edited:

74M35A2

They extended this sale for one more day to include today if anybody wants. Code is same.

You can get a complete 5 ton scissor hoist kit with pump for $830. Telescopic cylinders for $250, belt driven clutch pump for $400 (fits on the A/C bracket I sell), etc....

Last edited:

74M35A2

Have that part covered, thanks for offering. But, I am looking for competitive pricing on a five station D-05 hydraulic manifold, with four D-05 24VDC directional control solenoid valves (front and rear hydro winches, dump, aux, and spare), and one block off plate, if anybody has connections. Would trade one of my products for their discount. Thanks.

74M35A2

The 3 stage telescopic hydraulic cylinders I ordered back on Black Friday are finally shipping out. UGH !!!! No wonder why they were 40% off...... Will update this once they arrive (Monday) and it starts going together. Have to first modify the cylinders from trunion mount to conventional pin mount, at least at the cylinder bases. Then make brackets to attach lower cylinder bases to outer frame rail sides, then fab some hinges, then rework hydro layout to handle it. 90" stroke, 3.74" bore, 3000psi rating, a steal @ $250 each, as long as you are OK waiting 6 months....

74M35A2

Update to this thread. The cylinders I got from Bailey Hydraulics took a long time to arrive, and the ports are on the ends of the rods, not the cylinders. Can't really use this config, port location was not listed in the ad. I just bought a used setup of the configuration I wanted. Dual outboard cylinders, triple extension telescopic. Pic below. Will put this on after the engine swap, so likely this spring. Mounts external to frame rails. Need to check driveshaft clearance when middle axle is full down, if interference, then need to make mount the frame rail only with no cross pipe. Not a big deal if need be. I'm also looking for a used simple scissor hoist setup for my trailer if anybody has one for sale.

Dump Cyls.jpg 8D4A0427-4FC5-4147-B729-4EE8CEB4DF75.jpg

I waited too long to return the new ones I bought, so if somebody wants to make a setup like the red trailer pictured at the top of this thread, I will sell the brand new cylinders individually for dirt cheap, as that is what they are setup to do. A single cylinder trunion mount dump is low cost and easy to do, I just did not want to move my spare tire to do so.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score! Do you have any specs for those used cylinders and/or mounting distances from hinge vs dump angle?

I had an old C60 grain truck with an inboard setup, it would lift more than the truck could handle, ended up bending the frame with estimated 13 ton of dirt in the bed. It was a little spooky if you weren’t perfectly level, a gear drive flow divider would probably solve that problem

74M35A2

I have a similar setup on a rollback tow truck. No knarly dividers or anything like that, they are simple cylinders, not telescopic, and it works perfect.

Honestly, for me this is just a novelty thing. I'll probably only make it dump to grease the driveshaft U joints and clean the underside of the bed. Will be nice to use if needed, but more of just a value adder than anything else. Got it cheap, it is going to add more value to the truck than what it cost me.

Now just need to design some rear hinges and find a cheap knuckleboom crane.

74M35A2

Happy birthday to me, look what landed on the shipping dock today:

D1C9D066-ED02-441B-B4B2-28316357CA30.jpg

Will give it a bath and post some better pics after.

50" collapsed length, 3 stage telescopic cylinders. Hoping not too long to lay at an angle from frame up to bed, and clear front axle. May need to move the hydraulic tank forward or shorten the fuel tank. Hoping not too. May need to add larger tank capacity anyway though for this dump mech.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Here’s what we are working with:

CB94C643-ED88-42E5-BC42-DA8F753F9563.jpg

I may need to go to a shorter length fuel tank to fit these 50” cylinders, or use this hoist for the trailer instead.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or... you could give it to me for Xmas?

I think you can make it work, your bed lift will help. You can lengthen or make new lower frame mount brackets to drop it to the bottom of your tanks, it will make a nice protector/skid plate for them while off-roading. Also, if you didn’t know, the top of the cylinder on those will typically be almost against the floor of your bed. The cylinders should tuck nicely behind the tires on the intermediate axle.

74M35A2

I could.

That’s the exact look I’m going for, if I can make it fit.

Cylinder tops will be at bed frame rail, not tucked under. :/

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks