• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

419 SEE front loader troubleshooting advice needed

Kiteboarderken

Hello All! I am proud to join the club. I have been pining for a FLU-419 SEE for some time and finally bought a "creampuff". Well at least according to the pics and description anyway. I got it last week for my cabin in Tennessee. I am not up there that much so I don't have a lot of time to troubleshoot a problem that maybe someone on here could help me with. I have done some searches and came across one post similar to my issue but there was no resolution given. I used the loader for about an hour and all was good. The next day, I cranked it up and raised the bucket a few feet then drove about 200 yards on a smooth gravel road. When I went to raise the bucket again, it would not go up. It will go down with force and will only inch its way up if you pull the lever up then back to "neutral" then up again you get another small raise. I have plenty of oil in reservoir. I have checked to make sure the linkages aren't gunked up and it isn't pulling the lever for the curl function (that still works fine both up and down). No belt squealing. No leaking lines or air in the system. I have tried with a lot of throttle with same result. It does the exact same thing using the remote button by the backhoe. A guy in Ohio that has been very kind to help me, suggested that I look at the solenoids. How would I test those? I would like to know any and all possibilities so when I return in a few weeks I will be able to repair the problem. This will give me a little time to try and find any necessary parts. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. And yes, I checked the air pressure in the tires (LOL) in case anyone else refers me to the previous post I found online. If there is another post on this, I was unable to locate it. Thank you!
Edit

Delete

Kiteboarderken

Have you downloaded and read the TMs? How about the Student Handout? The Student Handout is particularly useful with the FLU419. I've attached a copy in case you don't have it.

Thank you for your response Gary. I have the TMs but I hadn't seen the Student handout. Looks very informative for a newbie like me. In TM 5-2420-224-20-1 it says if the loader doesn't go up or down using the button in back to depress the button on solenoid. I am not going to be at my SEE for a few weeks so I can't perform any tests until I get back up there. Is there a button on top of the solenoid that I can manually depress? I inspected the wires going to those solenoids and i don't remember seeing any button on top. The manual says if this tests fails to "Notify direct support maintenance" . That would be great-whats their number??? Not much info if the bucket doesn't go up using the lever other than "notify direct support maintenance" as well.

glcaines

I know you said that you checked the hydraulic fluid, but did you check both tanks? One is 11 gallons and the other is 21 gallons. One is for the front and the other is for the rear. You also said that the belt wasn't squealing, but it could be slipping without noise. Curling the loader doesn't take as much power as lifting the loader.