• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

427 turbo Question.

jatonka

The 427 hyper-cycle used a real big turbo, comparable to the early 5 ton multifuel 465. I have one in a dump truck that still runs great and I have one with a broken crank in a can. I can look at the one in the truck and see if it is waste gated and if there are any numbers on the turbo. I have been thinking of taking the one off of the broken engine and installing on one of my none turbo deuces , turn the pump way up and install boost and pyro guages and see if it really makes any difference in useable power. The 427 turbo doesn't sound like a whistler but it does whine when you step on it and it spools up. John Tennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks