• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

465 mulitfuel question

Walter Trusz

Checking oil the other morning I noticed on top of motor is some type of air solenoid or valve with an air line going to manifold the other going to the fuel line ? I had a disconnected wire to that valve ,so i hooked it back up. What does that part do?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, where to start...what you are calling an air solenoid is probably the intake manifold heater, the switch that controls it is to the left of the 3 lever switch on the dash. It sounds like you might need to get a bit more familliar with the truck, go here,

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-tms/77607-tms-deuce.html

Start with the -10, that's the operators manual, read that, cover to cover. Remember, this truck isn't your average Toyota, it is a rolling 13,000 lb weapon that can hurt/kill you or others. Please take the time to learn your truck and learn to operate it safely. And, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

crazywelder72

i believe what you are describing is the manifold heater pump and ignition coil. (if your facing the windshield from the front of the motor it is on the left of the valve cover)

If you follow the lines you should see they connect to just after the turbo. This is for cold starts. There is a switch on the dash and when you crank the motor you can hit the switch and it injects fuel into the intake air and ignites it with its own spark. The flame gets sucked into the cylinders helping with starting.

now the fun stuff. save yourself a zillion headaches and some unneeded oil changes and just disconnect it. find the injector nozzle above the turbo and remove the fuel feed and return and couple them together. you will need a adapter you can get at any plumbing shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks