• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

46in tire preference

bones1

I am wondering which tire is better for traction etc, the Goodyear MVT's or Michelin XML's. I am trying to decide which ones to buy...........any input would be greatly appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Of the two, I'd go with the mvt. I ran the xml and now run xzl. I like the xzl the best but that wasn't an option. The xml are loud and didn't wear all that great for me.

bones1

M1075, I was thinking about traction in snow because I had heard stock Deuce tires were no good on snow.Don't hesitate to correct me if I heard wrong please.

Last edited:

M1075

The larger voids on the XML tire will serve you better in snow than MVTs. Adequate ballast will be necessary for good performance in deep snow. The use of snow chains is also an excellent way to improve traction.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've been in enough mud to know there isn't enough difference to worry about it. I used XMLs for over a year and there was mud they didn't any difference in. If I were going to spend the same amount of money on those tires, I would get the MVT. Just my opinion.

LV2XLR8

I am wondering which tire is better for traction etc, the Goodyear MVT's or Michelin XML's. I am trying to decide which ones to buy...........any input would be greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased a deuce myself and did extensive research on here and the overwhelming consensus was that the MV/t's are the way to go. I just ordered a set from Andy at Army 6x6, he had the best deal I could find, can't wait to mount them and find out for myself.

bones1

MVT's are winning so far in the polls. I have never driven mine in snow yet on stock NDT's, will they go through say 3 or 4 ft of snow or do I need to super single with MVT or XML tires to accomplish this. I have 4x4 pick ups around here that can do this without much problem. I suppose I just don't want the guy with the 6x6,me, to be shown up by a pick up.

ranchhopper

I like MVTs and I like the michelins but if your going to park your truck outside in full sun stay away from the michelins they will weather check quickly in the direct sun.

Billy Bobbed

I have the XMLs I dont like them in the snow,they want to dig to China.If I were to buy another set it would be the MVTs.The XMLs are for the mud only.The MVTs are more of a all terrain tire.I have a loose white gravel drive way they dig to much trying to get out of my drive way.

Last edited:

flyxpl

My vote is for the mvt's they still have a fairly agressive tread , but the lugs ae staggered and overlap . The Michalins on my A3 are wearing fast and I can feel every lug on the tire hit the road . An A3 52 miles an hour tires are 90% of the noise and they SCREAM loudly .Have a set of Goodyear MTV's and hemmitt rims just waiting for me to burn the last 20% off of my Michelins . I can't wait to get the the Goodyears .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks