• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A032 starter

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard you can add a starter to the 4a032 engine. I've seen the saturn surplus ones and am not too impressed for $225. Has anyone else added a starter or have experience with the Saturn ones?

jbk

i purchaced one several years ago 100 used and did the mod.. i also bought the slave recep., bracket and switch. they are good folks never had a problem. cant believe thier that much though. will spin the 3kw fast. ive seen em on ebay 50 bucks.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a mod you can do using a Mazda starter and one with I believe a Ford probe starter. IIRC the Mazda mod is much easier to do. Join the 4a032 yahoo group and search through previous posts....it's in there somewhere.

1956_4x4

If anyone finds this info, please post up on here. I have an air compressor with this engine. The engine has a 24 volt starter that does a great job of turning the engine over, but I would like to swap it to 24 volt and eliminate the dual batteries. It would be easier to just hook up to it with a set of jumper cables since the little engine has no charging system of it's own.

Smitty

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If memory serves me correct it's a 929 starter and the nose needs to be turned down just a bit. $100 was the average price in years gone by. Obviously they went up. It's a mil standard starter and will fit the 4A032, 2A042 and 4A084. I wouldn't own a 4A032 without one.