• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A084 cylinder numbers

Ratch

I'm re-timing a 4a084 after cleaning up and resetting the points, but I'm not clear on the cylinder order, and think I may have reversed two plug wires. The TM shows the firing order, but I couldn't find cylinder numbering anywhere in it.

Anyone have a figure/illustration, or description of them?

On a side note, I *love* this little engine. I'm torn on selling/trading it, or stripping it from the genset and supercharging it, and making it a go kart motor.

Edit: took a guess at which one was cylinder #1 and timed it to that. She fired up immediately and ran great, considering the fuel was a few years old.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks