• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4L80E question

Skinny

I would be more concerned about my line pressure and converter lockup over having to move a shift lever every time.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the replies , yes I was going to go full manual - but after reading these post I might reconsider.. I did find a 6.5 turbo and the trans-- But I need to check everything out as far as options.. I appreciate all the help!:)

richingalveston

I recommend a turbo if you go with the 4l80e on a 6.2. I did the 4l80e swap on my 1009 and without a turbo it could not stay in 4th when going over an overpass in Houston. Not enough HP to run the tranny in 4th other than flat land and down hills which it was great for that. I changed to a 6.5 turbo and it is a night and day difference with the shifting and drivability of the truck.
Others may not have this problem, My 6.2 had new IP, Injectors, compression test were excellent so the motor was not old and tired and I am in Houston Texas at sea level. At altitude it would have been a real dog.

Not trying to change your mind in any way just giving my experience.

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate that , I, 2000 ft up in the hills... Im grabbing a 6.5 T engine in the next few days for $500. the upper end was supposed to be rebuilt but then the bottom started knocking ( same issue Im having with my 6.2 .. ) I'll be asking plenty of questions soon Thanks

Keith_J

I recommend a turbo if you go with the 4l80e on a 6.2. I did the 4l80e swap on my 1009 and without a turbo it could not stay in 4th when going over an overpass in Houston. Not enough HP to run the tranny in 4th other than flat land and down hills which it was great for that. I changed to a 6.5 turbo and it is a night and day difference with the shifting and drivability of the truck.
Others may not have this problem, My 6.2 had new IP, Injectors, compression test were excellent so the motor was not old and tired and I am in Houston Texas at sea level. At altitude it would have been a real dog.

Not trying to change your mind in any way just giving my experience.
Stock 3.08 gears in the 1009 vs 4.56 in all others makes a huge difference.

als804

You done?
if you put 4l80e in front of np208
There is much cheaper adpater.

GM15724745 or Dorman 926891. Which don’t need any fabrication. Just Bolt-on.

now i am tryting to get info like you did

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks