• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 of a kind = Full house!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I wanted to pick up a duece so I played around on a few auctions, I got tired of getting outbid so I put in a few extra bids...well I ended up winning 5 dueces! One does not run and the other 4 run great! My original intent was to part them out but after I found out they all run I just can't do it. Probably going to keep the tan one and sell the rest, just need to figure out what is a fair price.

Attachments

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good Luck All I can say is watch here , ask questions as you have and watch Ebay. I think these woud be good starting points for you. And I`d see what it takes to get the one running.
Neil

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That brings up a question I had...can you pull start a duece with no batteries and no electrical switch? I think it should work but I figured I would check with those who know :)

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure yet, haven't looked into it real good yet. There are no batteries, no electrical switch, 3 of the nuts for the head are loose, and the oil filter was loose. I tried popping the clutch while a buddy pulled me with another duece and it turns over fine and smoke was coming out the exhaust but then we discovered the loose parts and parked it. My wife went to school with a guy who is a mechanic in the army and he worked on them a lot so I might give him a call and have him look at it. Why would the military take some parts off (including the fan) and start to take some others off and then just park it?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
m.walker said:
In for a penny in for a pound ! Nice collection , show us a pic of the truck in your avatar too !
This is my original bad habit that linked me to military trucks because of the Rockwells we use

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you can pull start but if there was water or fuel sitting on top of the piston then hydrostatic lock and if she started you might have already done the damage. As per the TM we are told to always check for this before every start. Power on fuel off crank for three seconds to make sure. If you hear a loud thud you got problem. If not then fuel on and fire the beast up. Have fun and keep all of them.

nattieleather

The parts were probably pulled after the truck got into the DRMO lot. That is the place to go to get parts when parts are not available otherwise.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys for the info. Sorry 55Cameo, not looking to get rid of this toy yet. I was down wheeling in your sunny state this past February, had a great time. I use the truck strictly for fun, just a big kid out playing in the mud (except my tonka trucks have gotten a lot more expensive!)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Happy is a man who has a quiver full.

Dueces are great and if you have the land get them in great shape and sell the ones you want the tan one does look like a keeper. Do you tow that tonka on a trailer? It looks like a ticket in waiting to be given on the road in a lot of places I know but man does it look fun. I know the Rockwells must serve you well what mill do you have in it? I got tired of fixing my son's TJ with the POC dana 35 so I swapped in a corporate 14 bolt full floater and his 4.0 can't make enough torque to break that.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya I've got the land so I figure what's the harm in collecting a few...I actually purchased another one yesterday! Does it ever stop? My mud truck does get trailered wherever I go, it's got a 725 HP 496 and the Rockwells are indestructible, especially when they are stuffed with Ouverson's 2" shafts and lockers!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is going to be an awesome looking truck! Keep me posted with pics. I know we have gotten a little off topic but here is a friend's truck that looks very similar, his is on rocks with OEM shafts, lockers and 8 bolt hubs. This is the only pic I have right now during his test run (it does have a hood now).

Attachments

55Cameo

Thats awesome, I'll be running the 54" boggers and there are lockers in the front and rear. And it has air conditioning. A must for down here for a street/mud truck.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's for sure, a/c is a must, I'm not sure if I could handle your summers down there, I was hot in February at Mufest! I think my blood has thickened from our cold winters up here!