• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton 4 wheel question

Westex

Anyone have thumbs up, or thumbs down on the 5 ton 20 foot pintle hook trailers for a Deuce? Am thinking about buying one just for hauling whatever behind my Deuce, like welder, ATV 4 wheeler, etc. ??

number9

It'd be an awful big and heavy trailer to haul the things you mentioned. Maybe if you were going to haul a bobcat or backhoe or a vehicle. An M105 would haul the things you mentioned much more hassle free I'd think.

Westex

It'd be an awful big and heavy trailer to haul the things you mentioned. Maybe if you were going to haul a bobcat or backhoe or a vehicle. An M105 would haul the things you mentioned much more hassle free I'd think.

That's kind of what I was wondering. I might haul my bobcat (a small one) once in a while. Didn't mean for my first post to be misleading. I guess I'm wondering what one of these trailers weighs empty?

Nonotagain

That's kind of what I was wondering. I might haul my bobcat (a small one) once in a while. Didn't mean for my first post to be misleading. I guess I'm wondering what one of these trailers weighs empty?
If you are talking about the M1061A1 5-ton trailer, they weigh in at 5800lbs pper the data plates on my trailers.

Now if you are asking abou the M105A2 trailer, the are 2750lbs +/_ 50 lbs.

You would be hard pressed to get a Bobcat into a M105 trailer unless you got a M105A3 due to the wider wheel wells. As for the weight, the 853 Bobcat that I have weighs close to 7k, not something I would put into a M105 trailer. Some of the smaller Bobcats are in the 5k weight range.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1061 are 12ft, m1061a1 or e1 are 14 ft. Search 1061e1 and you will find more info. I have one and like the shorter deck height, tarp frame, and sides I built. Useful trailer to have, just need to build ramps.

Westex

I'm looking at the M106A1 trailers, and thanks, Nonotagain for the weight info. I have a 753B Bobcat with a bigger diesel I put in it and it weighs about 6,000 lbs.

bassetdeuce

I am recovering one M1061A1 from Ft Jackson right now, and I'm headed to see Clinto tommorrow. I didn't care much for them at first, but now I see they are neat little buggers. My 5.9L Cummins RAM 3500 dually pulls it with ease, although when loaded I will prob use the M818 for better braking.

Green_gator

Westex,
Take a look at the M353 series of trailers. It can handle 7,000 lbs and is much lower to the ground. Just not sure if it is wide enough for the bobcat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks