• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Battery Relocation Kit

rcb

Greetings !!! Is anyone selling the battery relocation kits for the 900
series trucks ?? Also, when I purchased my M925A2 from GSA, it had
been used by a fire department and they were running it with only 2
batteries instead of 4. It seems to start and run fine on 2, is it really
necessary to use 4 batteries ??
Thanks...
Bob

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A2s DO NOT require 4 batteries. They must have left things that way for really cold weather applications. I, too, am running two batteries in one of my A2s and have never had a problem. The 8.3L motor is fairly small (compared to the NHC250, which I believe is about 11L off the top of my head) and really does not require the cranking amps. In terms of the battery relocation kits, Joe Czarnik (GIJOECZAR) has them. Expect to pay a lot...not sure the price...over $500 for a new kit.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have always used 2 batteries in my 939A2 trucks and haven't had a problem getting them started. It may be a little harder in snowy Pittsburgh, but that's what the ether start is for ;)

Joe has the kits listed for $995 Surplus Parts For Sale

There were a ton on GL a while back and they all went to the same bidder. My guess is they went to a rebuilder since the kits are used with the armored cabs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks