• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton bob axle locations..

tamangel

my apologies to whomever's rig this is (posting pic w/o due credit) but had the pic's for this question..

are the rear axles in some stock position (normal #3 axle location or ?) or are they located forward or rear-ward of normal mounts or?

just curious what this bob would look like w/o the crew-cab and where the axle is mounted..how far back from single cab is center of rear axle..?

on a deuce would it be the same location and dimensions?

also, what size tires are those?

Mike

"Man did not weave the web of life - he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a way to save pictures from the site? I'd like to hang on to that foto.

Click on it to expand it to its full size. Then, right click on the expanded picture. Click on save picture as......

tamangel

that used to be the way to save pic's on the old site..Doesn't work on my computer for the new site....no option to save pic when right clicking....

Mike

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Option #21344536- right click the thumbnail and "open link in new window". Once it opens, right click and save. I just did that, it worked.

The tires look 16.00s, they are bigger than the 14.00s on my 813. Axle location looks pretty close to where the rear axle was originally, perhaps a tad forward.

The crewcab pic was posted by Mudlord a while back, you can compare it to my truck and decide.

Cheers

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bingo Rory, thanks for that method sir. FWIW the truck belongs to member BBF. PM him and see if he responds.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you move the cursor over the picture watch it change from a 'pointing finger' to an 'arrow'. It will be a finger on the left and right sides as they are areas of the picture that will link to another picture. But when it is an arrow in the middle you can right mouse click and do a 'save as'.:-D