• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Club. Another Member.

Kawgomoo

Banned
Well, i just won a 5 ton over in Fontana. Anxious as all get out to say the least.

Id love to establish some points of contact along the route between here {phoenix, az} and the recovery {Fontana}.

You know, just in case something goes totally south, it'd be nice to have some friendly numbers to call. Esp people willing to flat tow or oh crap assist in a pinch! {Im not rich, but of course im willing to pay for emergency services if required}

My biggest fear is getting more flats than i have spares. Not a long hike, but you never know. With the spare on the truck and figure chaining the center axle gives me maybe 2 more in a pinch.

I think i can rig anything else to last the 300 miles pretty easily. But its always those stinkin flats that leave our car hauler stranded in the worst ways.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MtnSnow

Congrats on the win! now that you have won one which one did you get? (it's ok to link to the unit you won since the auction is over)

Kawgomoo

Banned
It was an '85 Hardtop Troop Carrier.

This GL thing is so weird to me. Im used to ebay, you win, instant invoice. 5 seconds later you are paid in full and on your way.

Im still waiting for it to pop up in my recent wins folder, or for the invoice to come around. Im not even totally sure what i owe on it...lol The second the auction ended it disappeared out of my bidding folder, and i didnt have it on my watch list.

But in my bid history it says high bidder and closed so ! woot.

It was a mad house! I went to start bidding at about 30min before auction ended.

But it wouldnt accept my paypal. Huge crap storm, wasted phone call to GL. I was in a panic!

Nothing i tried worked, gl blamed it on paypal, my acct has my wifes name but i only had my credit card...AAAHHH!!

In the end {10 mins left} i said eff it. I registered a brand new acct, refreshed the tab i was watching, bid, registered my credit card and i was off! Every other lot had closed already! :( this one only extended to bidder activity.

This was my 3rd choice truck. Maybe a tie for 2nd. Anyhow one of my top three went out of my price range. The second ended within my price range, but while i was farting around with the payment nonsense. I was pretty bummed about that. But who knows how high it WOULD have gone. It ended one bid short of what i was willing to go, so if he had retaliated at all i woulda lost that one as well anyways.

This truck will help me though, ive got my eye on something back east ;)

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!!! I live out west of Phoenix about 50 miles.
I have picked up some trucks at Fontana and they are easy to work with and they are
right off I10. Easy to find.
Send me a PM with your lot number, I would like to take a look at your truck.

MtnSnow

You wont get the invoice until tomorrow most likely.

Out of Fontana you will be charged the "bid price" + 10% buyers premium + 8.0% California sales tax (AZ will not charge you sales taxes when you present your paid in full invoice when you go to register/title the truck)

So example if you "won the bid" at $4000.00 you would have 400.00 added as the buyers premium and $320.00 added in sales taxes for a total of $4720.00 to be paid total.