• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton combat wheel on M54, inserts required???

Mud Hugger

I have looked, searched, tried to find info on the 5 ton combat wheels. Or at least I believe thats what they are, have not bought them yet. I would like to put singles on my M54 log truck. I am wondering about mounting 395s on a set. Issue Im curious about is do you need inserts? Can you run tubes? Tubes with liner? I dont need to air them down to psi that the bead lock would be needed for my use. Just wondering what’s possible. Thanks guys

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the pictured wheels on my M54A1.

I also run tubes/flaps on them, using an angle grinder and cutoff wheel to extend the stem hole out to the rim flange.

Nary a problem in many years of use, and they don't go flat by themselves now. I remember seeing lots of 900-series trucks at the Guard base, all leaning this way and that from leaky wheel O-rings. Nope.

Mud Hugger

I use the pictured wheels on my M54A1.

I also run tubes/flaps on them, using an angle grinder and cutoff wheel to extend the stem hole out to the rim flange.

Nary a problem in many years of use, and they don't go flat by themselves now. I remember seeing lots of 900-series trucks at the Guard base, all leaning this way and that from leaky wheel O-rings. Nope.
Another reason i was wondering!! Thanks for reply!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks