• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Dump M929A2

Vermonster

Gentlemen, Is there and can it be had, A Parts and Sevice Manual Specifically for a BMY M929A2 5 Ton Dump?
Need to do some Brake and Wheel Seal work on mine and want the Correct Directions. I know there is a lot of TM's avaiable for 5 Tons, but I want to spend the $$$ on Vehicle Specific. Are All the M900 Series basically the same? Any Input and assistance would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Gentlemen, Is there and can it be had, A Parts and Sevice Manual Specifically for a BMY M929A2 5 Ton Dump?
Need to do some Brake and Wheel Seal work on mine and want the Correct Directions. I know there is a lot of TM's avaiable for 5 Tons, but I want to spend the $$$ on Vehicle Specific. Are All the M900 Series basically the same? Any Input and assistance would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
The TM's are available here for download. The ability to get a "tipper" set of books just isn't possible. The 900 Series trucks have all the trucks in that set of books...

The axles are the same for all these trucks, so brakes and wheel seals are there in those books.

Last edited:

Vermonster

The TM's are available here for download. The ability to get a "tipper" set of books just isn't possible. The 900 Series trucks have all the trucks in that set of books...

The axles are the same for all these trucks, so brakes and wheel seals are there in those books.
Thank You Sir, That's kind of what I thought. But.... Never Hurts to ask a Question. Thanks again.

Guyfang

Staff member
Maybe this will help a little. I have never used a M929A2 TM. But I think if you read the procedures before doing work on the truck, and maybe at least twice, you can understand the differences between the models.

The Parts TM's. Read the first chapters of the parts TM. There it will explain that there are a number of different versions of the trucks. It will also explain what a UOC is. That's a Usable on Code. There is a list there of ALL the truck versions, and a UOC next to each version. Make sure the NSN on your truck and the NSN on the version listed is the same. Copy that UOC code down and maybe write it on something you can't loose. When you are looking up parts, most things you will see do not have a UOC. Thats because those parts fix EVERY model. If, you see n UOC next to the part you are looking at, the light should be going off in your head. LOOK at the UOC and see if your UOC is listed there. If it is, thats the part you want.

Below is a good example. This is from the -24P TM.

5. Special Information.
a. Usable on Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as "UOC: . . . . . . . " in the Description Column (justified left) on the first
line applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of
the usable on codes used in the RPSTL are:

UOC Model

DAA M924A1 WO/W
V06 M941 W/W
DAB M926A1 W/W
V07 M941 WO/W
DAC M927A1 WO/W
V12 M926 W/W
DAD M928A1 W/W
V13 M924 WO/W
DAE M929A1 WO/W
V14 M925 W/W
DAF M930A1 W/W
V15 M923 WO/W
DAG M931A1 WO/W
V16 M928 W/W
DAH M932A1 W/W
V17 M927 WO/W
DAJ M934A1 WO/W
V18 M936 W/W
DAK M935A1 WO/W
V19 M930 W/W
DAL M936A1 W/W
V20 M929 WO/W
DAQ M941A1 W/W
V21 M932 W/W
DAR M941A1 WO/W
V22 M931 WO/W
DAV M945A1 W/W
V24 M934 WO/W
DAW M923A1 WO/W
V25 M935 WO/W
DAX M925A1 W/W
V39 M945 W/W
ZAE M929A2 WO/W

This is your UOC. Find the picture of the part you want. Find the Item number of what you want. Look at the Figure description, go down the list to the Item number you want. Look all the way over to the right side and see if the UOC for your truck is listed there. If no UOC is listed there, it fits all models. If your model is somehow using a different part, then you need to see an UOC listed there.

Vermonster

Maybe this will help a little. I have never used a M929A2 TM. But I think if you read the procedures before doing work on the truck, and maybe at least twice, you can understand the differences between the models.

The Parts TM's. Read the first chapters of the parts TM. There it will explain that there are a number of different versions of the trucks. It will also explain what a UOC is. That's a Usable on Code. There is a list there of ALL the truck versions, and a UOC next to each version. Make sure the NSN on your truck and the NSN on the version listed is the same. Copy that UOC code down and maybe write it on something you can't loose. When you are looking up parts, most things you will see do not have a UOC. Thats because those parts fix EVERY model. If, you see n UOC next to the part you are looking at, the light should be going off in your head. LOOK at the UOC and see if your UOC is listed there. If it is, thats the part you want.

Below is a good example. This is from the -24P TM.

5. Special Information.
a. Usable on Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as "UOC: . . . . . . . " in the Description Column (justified left) on the first
line applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of
the usable on codes used in the RPSTL are:

UOC Model

DAA M924A1 WO/W
V06 M941 W/W
DAB M926A1 W/W
V07 M941 WO/W
DAC M927A1 WO/W
V12 M926 W/W
DAD M928A1 W/W
V13 M924 WO/W
DAE M929A1 WO/W
V14 M925 W/W
DAF M930A1 W/W
V15 M923 WO/W
DAG M931A1 WO/W
V16 M928 W/W
DAH M932A1 W/W
V17 M927 WO/W
DAJ M934A1 WO/W
V18 M936 W/W
DAK M935A1 WO/W
V19 M930 W/W
DAL M936A1 W/W
V20 M929 WO/W
DAQ M941A1 W/W
V21 M932 W/W
DAR M941A1 WO/W
V22 M931 WO/W
DAV M945A1 W/W
V24 M934 WO/W
DAW M923A1 WO/W
V25 M935 WO/W
DAX M925A1 W/W
V39 M945 W/W
ZAE M929A2 WO/W

This is your UOC. Find the picture of the part you want. Find the Item number of what you want. Look at the Figure description, go down the list to the Item number you want. Look all the way over to the right side and see if the UOC for your truck is listed there. If no UOC is listed there, it fits all models. If your model is somehow using a different part, then you need to see an UOC listed there.
Thank you. It's pretty deep, but i'll find what i'm looking for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks