• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton expansible van lighting

captcarc

I am wiring my expansible van to be powered by external 115VAC household current via extension cords. According to the electrical schematic on the door, the 8 ceiling lights are each wired with 3 wires. They appear to be labeled on the schematic as 650, GRD-N and GRN-C. I am not an electrician. Can you tell me which wires from the 115VAC supply I connect to the 3 light wires mentioned and if those are correct? Thank you very much!

captcarc

...correction...I think the light wires are 650, GRD-N and GRD-C. I'm currently (no pun intended) thinking that 650 is hot, GRD-N is the neutral and GRD-C is ground. Any thoughts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On mine, at the main panel, I connected phase A, B, and C together and tied to my 110 volt hot. I tied the 110 volt neutral to the panel neutral buss. All the lights and plugs function. With all the lights on, it's quite a load.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are nice led light bulbs available now. Fluorescent style ones that do not need any ballast and run on 120vac single phase. You can use a toner to identify wires from the panel to the light and just reuse what you need to. Always ground everything though very important so use all 3 wires. I am going to redo mine one day. Too much to do not enough time.
Will

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks