• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton GVW

2deuce

I've noticed M52a1 GVW's that are different. The only visible difference is a winch. I've seen them 39k and 43k. Is the winch the reason or is it something else. Thanks, Greg

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M52A1 and M52A2 are listed in my 1977 TM 9-2320-211-10 as 18,560 lb net wo/w. Add payload and you get 43,560 for highway and 33,560 for cross country.
Add 714lb for front mounted winch.

westfolk

Hey Bjorn, The data plate on my M52A2 wo/w has it listed as 17,410 empty. Any ideas on that?
Still don't have that hydraulic head changed, weather, not enough hours in a day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks