• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Headlamp

1943ht

Need a little assist / advise .. 5 ton Headlights .. I assume they are 24 volt lamps... is that a valid assumption? .. If so, where can I pruchase a replacement lamp? Is there a Napa Number :roll: or is that something I can resource some where else? My M818 that I am picking up has a burned out headlight ... all the other lights check out but I would feel better If I was driving it to its new home with 2 functioning headlights .. picking her up on the the 25th of SEP.

//R//
Mark

dmetalmiki

headlamps

On my deuces and 5 tonners I change the headlamps for the old "non sealed beam" types. (ah-lah Voltwagon Golf or similar) then when one filament blows I simply buy another bulb only. AND There is a choice of candlepowers. ( I use 75-100 watt bulbs. (24 volt). mooocho's better 4 seeing where i'm a' goin!.

Barneyszoo

NAPA has a number, but they don't have the mil pig tail on the back. It has a three prong plug like a standard heat lamp. I've heard the conversions are a little pricy. Eric's surplus has the mil replacements for about 30 bucks.

emr

Gee I thought the deuce lamps would only see two and a half times as far... :shock:, thought he should stick with the five ton lamps they may be a little heavier but, hey they see five times as far... :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks