• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton heater connections

I bought an aftermarket heater and I want to make sure I connect to the right plugs on the engine. Anyone have a picture of the engine heater hose connections, or can someone with a 5 ton with a heater take a picture of the engine heater hose connections and send it to me? Many Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I will take some pictures of the install. I had not thought to do so but you have a good idea again thanks. There is a military kit on ebay right now listed for $475. I have 2 trucks to put heat in so I elected to buy an after market heater. I bought 2 MARADYNE 8030-24. I just ordered them and wont have them until probably wednesday. The weather was warm today so I bought shut off valves so I could make the engine connection now without draining the engine.
You can go to Home, you can also buy from them directly. I found there model 800024, for around $200. I called them to ask some questions and they said they replaced 800024 with model is 8030-24, they used a new improved switch, and it was only $139. I am sure I will have to gather some things to complete the installation but at that price I can put heat in both of my trucks for less than a military kit for one, plus I like the idea of having the heater core under the dash. The military kit is in the engine compartment and looks like it takes up alot of space, that can only be in the way when you need to work under the hood. Well again thanks for the response and I hope I did not talk your ear off. I will take some pictures when i get them installed.

davidkroberts

Thanks, im looking forward to it. My Iltis has the heater core unler the dash and has a simple 3 position switch and 24v fan mounted behind it for heating. Better design I think

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks