• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton idle adjustment

trooper632

Is there an idle adjustment screw on the ip pump on the 250 cummins. have a 816 and it wants to die at idle unless I manualy keep the rpm's up with the accelerator pedel. Thought it might be getting air in the lines but it might be as simple as turning up the idle at little bit.

atvcat33

on your ip there is a cone shape cover with four bolts, it has a center bolt going through it, should face cab, remove the screw and the idle screw is recessed behind. the truck will squirt fuel when running and there is fuel everywhere, also cummins makes a special scredriver to adjust, i would recomend turning it 1/4 turns till you relize if your going up or down going to half to start truck and stop but its the only way.

DO NOT REMOVE THE 4 BOLTS, JUST THE CENTER BOLT, USE A MIRROR TO LOOK IN AT THE SCREW YOU SHOULD JUST NEED A SMALL STRAIGHT BLADE, ALSO THE COVER MAY HAVE A TAMPER PROOF WIRE WITH A LEAD MELTED BUTTON, THAT YOU MAY NEED TO CUT CAUSE ITS USUALLY attached to the idle screw, turning the outer screw is not the idle screw its behind, if you have ??? just email me at a1armysupply@gmail.com

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a thread covering this same topic, on the main page today!

PLEASE read the forums and try a few searches before posting REPEAT questions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks