• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton M923A1 Wiring Question

Augdog1964

Hey all,

Well we pulled the 4 mil batteries out of the M923A1 today... and put two of the large 12V truck batteries back in... but we have an issue...

1) Are there any 12V draws that need to be put back on... in our rush we just disassembled and then realized this fact... are there more than the heater, and are they marked, including the heater?

2) How would we best hook these 12V taps up, with the two large truck batteries.

I'm not an electrical guru, and I can't find anything in my TMs or on the board to answer the question...

Thanks!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the heater is the only thing that uses 12v.
There should be a wire drawing under the seat in the battery box under side.

I would just hook them up to make 24v then tap off the 12v.

Good luck!!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
To the best of my knowledge, the heater blower is the only 12V load that I could find on the wiring diagram in the TM, and the 12V supply is only used for low heater blower speed.

The two pairs of batteries are connected together at the ground and 24V ends, but the 12V tap is only connected to one of the battery pairs. The other pair just has the short inter-battery cable at the 12V point, with no other connections there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks