• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Mack Engine Filters

m139h2otruck

Could anyone please list the WIX/NAPA/Hastings filter numbers for the ENDT-673 engine used in the A1 trucks. Just won a tractor on e-bay, and I am sure that the filters will need to be changed. Expect to need air, both fuel, and both oil sets.

Also, anyone had any experience with these trucks with this motor, especially road-ability? Current owner said truck would only do 40-45 mph, but I expect that a filter/fuel age problem exists, or that the speedo is off. Truck has 1100x20 tires (stock size, 13 each) and the 0.78 OD transmission (not yet confirmed). Looks like the steering is the "new" style, and I hope that the transmission was not changed to the non-OD unit!!

groundog

:D :) I drove them in the Army good engine but the Cummins is faster on a flat road should be able to run about 55---but I believe the parts for a Mack are more expensive good luck on your new truck

Bill W

I have the small primary fuel filter ( located in the frt fender well on my M-54A1) which I think is a left over from the gasser, it takes a NAPA 3080 (wix #33080)., The secondary fuel filter on the engine is a NAPA 3090 (wix #33090) or Purolator P-91. I believe the main oil filter is a NAPA 1233 ( wix #51233 ) but I haven't gotten around to changing that yet to confirm.

m139h2otruck

The two fuel filters appear to be correct, but the oil filter (full flow) is not the 51233. The bypass oil filter is the same as a gasser, 51021 per the manual.

Anyone else know the full flow oil filter # (WIX or NAPA)? The 51233 filter is a huge outside mounted unit like over the road tractors would use.

Also, a WIX or NAPA # for the air filter, which is the same as a multi?
Thanks

acetomatoco

Wix 51113 napa 1133 Wix 51503 Napa 1503 for oil

wix 33234 on engine wix 33080 on frame fuel

Air No commercial equivalent... same as Multifuel...
ACE

Bill W

"wix 33234 on engine "
Huh
My Mack Engine (secondary) fuel filter was a purolator P-91 ( NAPA 3090/wix 33090 )

acetomatoco

The Wix 33234 is listed for the Mack on the National Association of State Foresters, Roscommon Equipment Center web site August 2006 under "Commercial Filter Equivalents for Military 6 x 6's" www.roscommonequipmentcenter.com My disclaimer: Only forwarding info which seemed to come from a reliable source...maybe both fit dimensionally? ACE

m139h2otruck

Thanks for all the help. Now have all WIX filters except for the air, which I will have to order from a military parts supplier. Any suggestions for best service/price on a 5 ton multi/Mack filter element?

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wash the element in a tub of soapy water, rinse it out gently, and let it air try. They will last many years in all but the worst service areas. I live in the desert with plenty 'O dust and they go for over 20K miles. Too expensive to just replace without need.

BTW, I have two A1 five-tons. Much better power than an multifuel. Never been passed by an 800-series Cummins rig in convoys, either. Get some taller tires on it ASAP, it will pull them fine. 14.00-20's are the cheapest to go with, the truck will do a bit over 60 with them instead of 11.00's.

dg

m139h2otruck

I would wash out the existing element, but the unwanted visitors (see other post) already chewed on a number of the outer folds and wrecked the filter.

I would very much like to change out to 1400x20 tires, as we have all kinds of extra old style NDCC tires from the bridge trucks, but the wheels are a problem. I don't think we can mount the 1400s on the 1100 wheels and the "combat" rims for either tube type or tubeless tires are hard to come by in this area. The bridge truck rims have way too much offset and make the truck over 9'-6" wide, and require spacers in the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks