• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton Multifuel Fording Kit and the M939 Series trucks

Gunny65

Will the 5 Ton Multi-fuel fording kit fit the M939 series trucks? Specifically, the M934A2. If not, do you think it would be that hard to make it fit? I have never even seen a vehicle with a fording kit while in the military so I have no experience with them. However, I do have a lot of experience making things fit/work when they didn't quite do what they were intended to do. So, what's the consensus?

Gunny65

Yep, Floridianson, I have read that thread and many others to include the links below that thread. Some of the videos are just down right cool. However, none of those threads, or others that I have found, cover the multifuel to M934 question. At least not to my limited knowledge. The kit I found was $315 and had quite a large box of parts with it but I have no idea what I was looking at. The pics weren't good enough to use the TM and identify the parts shown. I did email the company and ask if they knew if it was usable on my model but they just said, "it is for a Multifuel vehicle, it might work, you may need to do some modifications to make it work". They didn't even list what models it was meant to be used by accept Multifuel, which mean nothing to me. I don't know enough about the other models to know which ones are multifuel or not.

I am not worried about the maintenance part either. If I was not wanting to work on my vehicle, I wouldn't have bought the M934. I am not trying to be snotty. I really don't mind doing the PMCs and checks after fording. It is part of why I bought the truck. My rock crawler I built is lots of maint as well. It is just part of owning certain types of vehicles and I accept the risks and work that goes along with them.

So, hopefully, someone has accurate knowledge on the multifuel fording kits (these kits are big) and if they are close enough to the M934A2 to be easily modified/added to work well? It may be so far off it would be better to make one from scratch, I dont' know. If someone has a link that covers this question I am more than willing to read. I just have not found one yet.

Thanks!!

mcmullag

The truck already grabs air for the engine at the top of the cab and exits the exhaust at top of the cab.
Seems like just use some gasket sealer on the intake pipes joints. Only problem may be how to seal the air filter chamber under the driver as you have to take that apart to change the filter.