• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Overdrive Trans #

vtdeucedriver

Anyone know what the number is for the overdrive trans??? Is it 6453???? I had it written down and I cant find it now.

panzerwillie

I belive the ratio is .78 and drops about 500 rpm over the direct drive 5th gear trany , if you get both tranys you should be able to put one good one together if needed , not hard to take apart just big stuff to move around :roll:

ida34

IIRC the od trans was the one used in the mack powered five tons only. I may be wrong but I had a discussion with a guy at Thunder Over Michigan about this. I think there is also another trans that can be put in with little effort that gives a very nice OD for the highway.

vtdeucedriver

Multifuel powered 5 tons are direct drive in 5th. But AGAIN I am sure that some nooby with a deuce will tell me that I am wrong.

Westech

CPL
The 5 tons have the direct drive trans with the multi fuel.. the cummins has a OD trans. Deuces come both ways with the multi fuel.. most will have the OD but there are a TON of military rebuilds that kept the gasser direct trans and slaped in the multi fuel engine.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
spicer trans:
first number = torque rating x 100
second number = internal specs, varies
third number = number of forward speeds
fourth number = 2 direct final, 3 od final

tom