• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton rear axle socket

Keith_J

whats the correct torque for the rear HUBB bearing nuts
Torque is too vague for proper bearing clearance. Tighten the inner until you cannot feel bearing play, then back off 1/16th of a turn. Install lock nut with tab plate, then check for play. You do not want play.

If bearing gets too hot to hold your hand on the hub, the bearing is too tight.

Double check the inner wiper, the thing the seal runs on. They can become scored. They can be replaced.

panzerwillie

Ok thank you , i guess is difrent from my brokway truck with rockwell axles, where it calls to torque inner nut to 150 ftlbs then turn wheel one full turn back up nut and torque to 50ftlbs, then install lock plate and outter nut and torque outside nut to 200ftlbs.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks