• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Single Rims

yeager1

It's been brought up before, but I haven't seen anyone do it yet. Has anyone welded deuce centers (whether cut-outs or made from plate steel) onto single 5 ton rims? The rims usually sell for $200-250 each, if you had some fab equipment you could (possibly) end up with massive beadlock rims for about the same money as new single rims, which are $300. I think the backspacing is about right for it to work.

Jakob

I think there was a thread on this exact topic about a week ago.

In hindsight, I don't think it was a thread. Someone did post pictures of 5-ton wheels modified for the Deuce. I can't find it though.

Last edited:

grounded

Banned
it can probly be done. but if its going to cost the same as buying you some would it be worth the hassles and then trying to make sure its true and all. VS just buying some and mounting up and driving off with no worries?

yeager1

Thanks gringeltaube, I had read that thread before, but couldn't see to find it.
if its going to cost the same as buying you some would it be worth the hassles and then trying to make sure its true and all. VS just buying some and mounting up and driving off with no worries?
Because they are ultra heavy duty double beadlock rims vs. standard rims and you can use runflates, which is nice when your spare weighs 300+pounds.

I have 6 brand new, never even mounted HEMTT rims, and I'm not sure if I should sell them to get deuce single rims or convert them to an M35 bolt pattern?

Jakob

In your situation, sounds like if you have the means, it'd be best to convert them. If you didn't already have the wheels, I'd say buying them would be best.

yeager1

These rims are different then the ones in the other thread mentioned, because they are HEMTT rims. Since there are hundreds of these things getting surplused out now, I was thinking of making new weld-in deuce centers on a CNC laser cutter. I would simply need to trace the new center onto the HEMTT rim and then cut the 10 bolt out, weld the 6 bolt in. FYI-I would probably do double centers, like the rims have now (lugs go through both halfs of the 2 piece rim for strength).

If I go ahead and look into getting new centers laser cut, is anyone interested in a set? The price would obviously go down if I got more made.

Attachments

Biggles

I would be interested in a set of 7 if they were affordable. I was just trying to figure out what to do to get beefy supersingle beadlocks on my deuce.