• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton super single rim studs

Bolkbich

Does anyone know where i can get the studs that hold the super single rim halves together. This rim is an older rim with the smaller diameter studs. I'd like as much info on the 2 stud sizes as possible. I took a bunch of these rims apart and found what looks to be at least 3 different o rings....

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dorman Products appears to have that style stud. I have sourced some for the MTV wheel but have not bought them yet to give a 100% nod.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Combat rims use on road 20in o rings normally but off road 20in ring will also work even tho they are a thicker o ring. The Jemmy rims use an even thicker o ring.

1/4" thick ring - combat rims
5/16" thick ring - fmtv rims
3/8" thick ring - Jemmy rims

I'm also looking for three 5/8"stubs for one of my one combat rim.

Last edited:
Bolkbich- Try Service Supply 101 4th Avenue Haskell, NJ 0742 (973) 839-2105. He has helped me with a lot of obscure hardware.
He has the most amazing selection of fasteners and hardware. Jerry is the owner and is always willing to help.

Bolkbich

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll knock a stud out and go to haskell. Some of the newer looking rims have an oring that looks flat or maybe triangular , they have a channel it fits into. Ive seen the round o rings that are flattened, but these actually have sharp molded edges. I'll get some pics

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I have found on the O-rings is. The 5/8" 10 bolt older wheels take a 8mm o-ring and the newer 3/4" 10 bolt wheels take the 5mm o-ring that when you pull it off it looks triangular. The newer 3/4" wheel that uses the 5mm o-ring is the same o-ring used on the M35A3 wheels.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres a pic of the o ring that i dont think was round
It was round when new. That looks like a rim with the 10 3/4" bolts.
The other older 5 ton wheels do not have a grove for the o-ring and they are a
bear to get to seal. The one you are showing is the better wheel for working on for sure.
Here is the p/n
Erick's has them. Sometime you can find them on ebay. There is some listed right now.
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/rimofortwopi.html

Bolkbich

Bolkbich- Try Service Supply 101 4th Avenue Haskell, NJ 0742 (973) 839-2105. He has helped me with a lot of obscure hardware.
He has the most amazing selection of fasteners and hardware. Jerry is the owner and is always willing to help.
I went up and saw Jerry....super nice guy. I ended up with studs that arent exact ,but they will work. Thanks for the advise.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I do not know the P/N, but you can find them at a truck tire supply house.
If you can not find any I will be happy to get you some and ship them to you.
I think they run about $10-11 I think.

Vintage iron

I have a bunch of rim studs, different sizes too. Always wire wheel the threads on the wheel studs to prevent them from binding up a breaking a stud during install or removal. Anti-seize is always helpful too!

LOBO

I have a 20” super single rim with a bad O-ring. I had a tire shop replace the O-ring after I had the rim reconditioned.

The shop is asking me what is the torque value for the rim bolts?

I understand the spec sheet shows the torque settings for mounting the wheel to the truck is 450-500 ftlbs (TM 9-2320-260-20, Para 9-3, e-1).

Do you have a reference for the ten (10) outer bolts to these rims?