• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton trans question

AMGeneral

Ok folks,here's the deal,I got the chance to take the M51A2 dump out today for a short test drive.NOW according to the data plate the multifuel powered 5 tons SHOULD have a direct 5th gear VS an overdrive Right?

Well much to my suprise,when i shifted the lever from 3 rd up to where 4th should have been,I got 5th instead! Evidently someone at the DEPOT rebuild was making a fast truck,cause I let up at 58 mph and still had throttle left to go(it took me a while to get there though) :driver:.I checked,sure enough it's a 6453,not a 6452 like it should be.So my question is,should i swap it out or keep the OD trans?

vtdeucedriver

you gonnna work the dump???????? if you want to do yard work, maybe consider swaping..............................If you want to get rid of that trans............I would be interested in it!!!!!