• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch chain and hook?

citizensoldier

Hi sermis.. I would prefer original but what do you have? Is there a bigger style hook on it?
Tactical.. PM me if you find one..
What do they sell for nowadays? Its a hard item to price.. Yes its for the front winch.. lol
Oh.. Why we are at it. Anybody have a level wind or tentioner they would part with? Wrecker type on the front?

sermis

I will look at my stash tomorrow. I think they are about 5 - 6’ and have a heavy hook. I also have some heavy chains and snatch blocks. Will post PIC’s later.

citizensoldier

Re: RE: 5 ton winch chain and hook?

sermis said:
I will look at my stash tomorrow. I think they are about 5 - 6’ and have a heavy hook. I also have some heavy chains and snatch blocks. Will post PIC’s later.
Sounds like you might have a visitor after some tires coming down from Indiana.. PM some pics and list of what you have for sale.. Us northern boys might just fill his trailer for him.. :D Any 5 ton combat rims? Winch shafts? Tow bars? Wrecker/Bridge truck lights, 1200/20 tires.. what you got? huh huh... :)

rwoods

Is the 1/2" deuce chain and hook strong enough for the 5 ton winch? I need a lead chain and hook and have found one off a deuce. Thanks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bjorn had questions on the chain leads when he was working on his 8x8. He posted pics of a deuce and the 5ton leads, very different.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said, I "believe(d)" I was right. I am not positive. I will say that I have a 5 ton with winch that has the same fair lead as a deuce. It could be incorrect. I am not sure. I thought they were the same based upon that.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI...I will got out to check my winches tomorrow, but I believe, after seeing Bjorn's thread, that my trucks (both deuces and 5 tons) have the same fair lead. I am sure that they don't match what Bjorn pictured. Now, they (the ones on my trucks) could be wrong...or I could be.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went out and looked at a 5 ton(M819) front winch chain and hook, right next to a 2.5 ton(M35A2 w/w) front winch chain and hook. They appear to be the same size.

Also the Tm's show the same part number for both 2.5 ton and 5 ton truck, front winch chains(12253104-4)

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To complete the picture, here is a comparison of the 5 and 10 ton hooks (snatch block).
The 5/8 inch chain with grab hook and pear shaped ring along with the 10-ton snatch block are part of the BII for my 5-ton 8x8.
The 5-ton chain/hook can be used with the snatch block for a 10-ton pull.

Attachments