• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch??

SuperJoe

This being the first post in the 5ton section for me, my first question is about the winch on a 5ton truck.

Is it the same as the winch on a deuce with a better shear pin, or is it a completely different assembly?

I have had 3 deuces over the years and let them go because it was so much work to get them where i want them to be. The 5ton seems a much better suit to start from as it will be much closer out the gate and overall better looking truck in the end. Reason I ask about the winch is because before i sold the last deuce, I pulled all the winch components off. If its the same I would have a lot more options for purchase.

The front winches on the m939 series trucks are a 20,000 lbs winch which I think is the same rating as the deuces. The only major difference is that the five tons winches are hydraulically driven as for the deuces I believe they are PTO driven. I dont have a winch on my truck but from what I've read I think this the main difference. As for the shear pin I have not a clue.

jdknech

the deuce winch is a 10,000 pound rated pto drive, the 5 ton 809 trucks have a 20,000 pound PTO drive, and the 939 trucks have a 20,000 pound hydraulic drive... as far as i know, the 5 ton winch is much beefer then the deuce winch..

goldneagle

the deuce winch is a 10,000 pound rated pto drive, the 5 ton 809 trucks have a 20,000 pound PTO drive, and the 939 trucks have a 20,000 pound hydraulic drive... as far as i know, the 5 ton winch is much beefer then the deuce winch..

Ye double the capacity is a beefier unit! You got the fact correct. 20,000 lbs on a 5 ton truck vs. 10,000 lbs on a M35