• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton XL WB blues

hardtime

Greetings Gentlemen,
Great site props to all. I am currently serving Baghdad with the 1-82 Cav. as 11B. I have wanted a 5-ton since I was 6, I will wait no longer. In my search on the web for my starter truck , the only sites that come up are the big dealers. They have plenty of Awesome long trucks, but they want the first born son I don't have yet for them. ($11k-25k) Second issue is the series # I am having trouble with what is what and the diff. M-811,812,814,820. From what i understand Am General made 3 chassis lengths short, reg, long 220 wb or so. I have some lwb's listed as double framed. My plan is to mount a 48" sleeper, 14ft cargo bed , hard top, winch and Hemtt 16's for starters. Can any one set me straight on what I should be looking for and where. Any and all Ideas/help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HARDTIME: Contact me via PM. I have two very nice M814s. One of my trucks is cherry...a complete overhaul with fewer than 100 miles on it (everything is new or rebuilt). The other is a really nice and solid truck with about 13K miles on it. The latter truck has troop seats on it. The former truck CAN have NOS fiberglass troop seats on it. I also have a brand-new-in-box extended height cargo cover kit for the truck, but it sounds like you may not need it given your plans for the truck.