• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 dodge m37 title vin# question

FrankUSMC

Yes, I have seen it several times on titles on vehicles sold in the 1940s, and up thought the 1960s.
I have explained this to my DMV guy here. When it pops up he knows to look at the real serial number and record that one for the new title. Last year I had two antique military vehicle that had titles that had incorrect vin numbers but he was able to correct them both. He could see where the mistake was made. I am very lucky to have this guy to work with, he uses common sense.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

PresadadM37

Can anyone please guide me to get the meaning/code as to what does my serial number could tell me about my truck. Just moved to Mexico and need that info for personal reasons. Would like to know what service was my M37 involved with.
Thanks

GUNNY 155

As far as what I can tell, and given the experience I had with my truck tracing the vehicles history of a HMV is all but impossible. The only thing I know for certain on mine is that the first owner was the US Army, it came from the factory with a winch but at some time during its military life it was removed. Next it had 2 civilian owners who just drove it as is, followed by me who did the frame off restoration. I wish you luck in your search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks