• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

52 m44 study pole truck (RARE)

sermis

Went for a drive today in the 100+ heat and saw a strange looking deuce. Thought at first someone had modified it but I think it is original.
1952 M44 Studebaker gasser. I saw the tag on the bed but forgot to look to see what it was. One of thoes moments.
How rare are they. I only had the cell phone for pic's. It has a large winch in the front of the bed for the cable to go over the gen poles. Also looks like it was made to run singles.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a V17MTQ Telephone Maint Truck. It is a rare truck. I was going to buy one at one time, it had many parts missing though. That looks to be fairly complete.

combat32

If it is not far from Ft. Hood, I have seen it before, heard back then not for sale.Times change though, ask anyway, all they can say is no.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the V17A/MTQ. 54 Reo has one and DD has 2 IIRC. There is another member that has one overseas. Jacks in Tuscon had 2 but Desert Deuce would have to confirm that. They did come with super singles. It's probably not as rare and the M763 which was a multifuel version. Still not as rare as hndrsonj's M48 tractor of which his is the only one I know to exist. Would look good in my back 40 parked next to the other Studes.

54reo

Yup, a V17A/MTQ.

Mine is a '53 REO built truck. I am missing the adjustable "gin poles", and I would be quite interested in any detailed pictures of them if you get a chance; particularly the point sections.

BTW, the matching trailer for the V17A/MTQ is the M310, Cable Reel Trailer. Of which, I have managed to secure two of through the years. I have seen quite a few of the M310's for sale, especially towards the end of last year.

Last edited:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, yep, there's 2 or 3 at Jack's place. Jack believes the gin poles are somewhere in the yard, it would take a bit of searching to find them and other key parts as well. I should have known the desi, V17A/MTQ.

Spoke to Jack this morning, I've been trying to get down there for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I'm planning a full day, lots of pictures, I'll be posting them here. Got some stuff to bring back as well.

grounded

Banned
DD i need to get with jack and find out how much for a crane cab for the 819. If you think about it ask him for me please. If not ill do it when i remember lol.

Cooltex24

Hey Sermis, Where exactly is this? I am up in Hamilton, and would love to go on a drive if you ever need an extra hand.
Scott

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That does look like the MC-1. Wonder what the data plate says? I'll be through there the end of the month and will check it out.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks