• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

530 B Firetruck Battery Questions...

neil2007

Hello all!

I'm looking for information on the battery layout on the 530 B's. Of course mine didn't have any batteries in it when I got it, so I've been looking at everything to try to determine just how to set it up because the last Fire department that it served at had it set up (at least according to the permanant marker) in a very weird way... almost like it would be a 36v system (Which I know it's not... Right?!?!?) There were a lot of marks (in permanent marker) all over inside the battery boxes and on the end of the cables... BUT after following them (a year or so ago), they led me to conflicting findings. The other night when I was out looking at everything and working on some other items, the markings were no longer readable (Pressurewashing and so forth probably unwittingly removed them).

I know it was a 24 vlt system, but my question is as to the original setup:

Do the 530 B's have a 2 or 4 battery system. I've seen conflicting reports that some had 2 and some had 4... Tracing the cables (not following the permanant (ok... obviously not permanent!) markers) let me to believe that mine should have only had 2 batteries...

Does that sound like what should be expected?

As usual, any info provided is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!

Neil