• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

54 xm-211

SneakerZed

I just purchased a 54' XM-211 for a whopping $1,000 :D

It ran for 45 minutes before we started to drive it away then after a mile she backfired like a son-of-a-gun and stopped. We worked on ot for a couple of hours but could not get it to start back up. The distributor was just spinning and the clamp to hold it in place just would not do the job. We could tighten the nut down but it would still spin. A soon as i get it haled home i will take a better look at it. Wher can i get a distributor, rotor, coil etc just in case I need to replace them and to have spare one?

Thank you in advance

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=509700&d=1408035563

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck looks great. Its something that you can get your teeth into.

Pull the valve cover and crank it over -- see if the rocker arms & rotor are moving (worst case problem). Some of those 302 engines used a fibre timing gear (others used an aluminum one). Mine stripped a few teeth and I sat alongside the AlCan for a week (MP137), waiting for a replacement. Hopefully, that is not your issue. But otherwise, timing is everything. It will sound best, retarded too much, but its hard on the exhaust manifold & valves.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it spinning because the bearings/bushings are galling to the distributor shaft like a lubrication issue? I'm understanding you are having difficulty holding the housing from turning with the clamp right?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Early Deuce cruise night. Hope you solve it easily.
I have 2 hold down bolts on my distributor..
Should be one around the back toward the firewall side.
Hard to get at so I could see someone leaving it off.

Great bargain price and it's good to SEE another Early Deuce.

What color is it going to be? Between Henderson, myself and you....we have a stoplight.

SneakerZed

Sorry for the late reply. The clamp, there is only one clamp, after tightening it down does not prevent the distributor from spinning. I did not see a second clamp/bolt combo on the back side. As soon as I get it home (hopefully by the end of next week) I will do a closer inspection and get back to you. In so far as color, well I am leaning towards a Desert Camo/Desert Tan pattern simply because I am in Wyoming. I am so looking forward to this project it is driving me bonkers :)

Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks