• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th gear fuel delivery issue

Pappa_Duck

Hello,

I'm new to this site ... just stumbled on it over the internet. I just recently acquired a 1966 M35A2 Kaiser. I had all of the gaskets, hoses, fuel lines, etc replaced to address numberous leaks ... all in order to pass inspection here in TEXAS. I have a fuel issue in 5th gear only where the truck stumbles, spits and spurts around 40mph. Fuel delivery through the first 4 gears is flawless. Anyone have any ideas? Oh yeah, I have also replaced the fuel pump in the gas tank.

Thanks,

Drake

Desert Rat

Drake,
Well, WHERE in Texas are you? PLEEEASE put that in your signature. I might be driving by your place on my next trip down and offer some elbow grease. Have you changed your primary fuel filter. It's located under the alternator by the frame rail. If not then this could be the issue. It sounds to me like she's starting to starve for fuel in overdrive. OD demands more fuel than the other gears. Plus there is an air fitting in the tranny that if clogged will also cause the same reaction. Try the fuel filters first. Ken and I are working on my truck (and his) when I return to Houston later next month. If you're along my path or even close we can meet and figure a few things out to get her running properly. Let me know.

Desert Rat

PD,
Could you go to the control panel and then click on the signature box to put that important piece of info there please? Thanks bunches because I'm liable to forget over time................................

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PAPPA D Try changing all three fuel filters, also pull the fuel pump in the fuel tank out and cleen the pickup screen. If that doese'nt cure it then you may have a kink in the line or a blockage. Try a filter job first and look for algae of slime in the tank. Let us know what happens

Desert Rat

PD,
When Ken rrefers to the screen on the in tank pump he's refering to these screens. Look at where I'm pointing on my new to-be-installed pump. There are four screens around the impeller and one on the bottom of the pump itself. I hope these pics help.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pappa, all of the filters Air , fuel, oil are easy to get. Your just need the part #'s . I think it was Monster Man who posted a list of the commerical brands and thier part #'s. Just look for that list and pick the brand you prefer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks