• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5ton cedar stumper

Brushbuster

we purchased this truck last year and converted it to a brush truck i found this website and thought you guys would like it :driver: and it is fun to drive. It replaced and old 800 series 5 ton that was just plump wore out and our younger members dont know what a stick shift is, and of course they blew the motor up so we looked through our options a f750 and larger to hold 1250 gallons of water a commerical truck is a heck of a price to pay for a truck they averaged around $80K. we purchased this through Texas commsion of federal Surplus for $5000 and had it painted and added a skid unit and pump for a total 31000, so the price diffrence was a easy descision to make. not marketing but if you are with a local vfd or fire department that needs a truck feel free to contact me and i can get you some help for a truck i dont mind helping your department get a decent priced truck from texas federal surplus.:wink:

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exceptional apparatus! Still amazed that the Feds charge the first responders/ non profits more for the trucks than we civilians can buy them for from Government Liquidation.

dk8019

I don't know, 5K is a good deal for a 900 series truck in running condition off of GL, I say they got a steal!

Good to see her being put to good use!

Ewa Marine

Hate to horrify... but this M925A2 with winch was $150.00.
SASP office of Hawaii.
State Agency of Surplus property.
TEXAS IS RIPPING YOU GUYS OFF!!
****nnnnnnnnnnnn......

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

May 8th, 2010.

Texas Dept of Forestry and Dept of Surplus sales does tend to rip off its users more then other states...... But then that's the Texas way, make a profit in everything you do and put it to the little guys.... West Virginia's DRMO liason officer could get us a 44 ton locomotive for about $300.00 and shipping in operable condition, a machine worth easily $40,000 on the civillian market, and M715/M35A2/M37's were going for less then $100.00 paperwork fee in operable condition.....
Can you say "Squeel like a pig?"......:shock:

It's only my 2cents worth, but other states do treat their fire departments and non profits much better, in my experience.....

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exceptional apparatus! Still amazed that the Feds charge the first responders/ non profits more for the trucks than we civilians can buy them for from Government Liquidation.
It's not the Feds, it's the state level government doing it. When I was in Alaska I looked in to getting a 5 ton tractor from DRMO for a non-profit I was with. Was told they no longer dealt with the public directly and that non-profits would have to go to a state agency and the state would act as the middle man and get them what they wanted from DRMO for a "fee". On top of this DRMO lets the state office set the price for this fee to cover their "service". I was looking for an M52 (800 series trucks rarely came up at this DRMO) and the Alaska surplus office in Anchorage said it would cost $4,500 for one. They are taking what used to be free to non-profits and using it as a money maker for the state. I checked in to Washington and could have gotten one from the state out of Ft. Lewis for less then $1,000 and had it shipped up for $2,000. I knew Texas was bad about fees but for them to charge that much to a VFD is despicable.

Ruppster