• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 cracked head

rod

I have the chance to buy a 6.2 but it has a cracked head. I have looked at it just that it is $200. Is this an easy fix?
What's $200 ? I missed the point ,I guess.

Replacing the head on this motor is like replacing the head on any V8. May be more involved when you get in there to see why or what cracked the head.

oilburner

in my experence with the 6.2 cracked heads are mostly from over heat or no coolant. I would expect the engne to have more damage. like piston rings that pass oil ,low compression stuff like that. I have seen a few guys spend cash on heads just to find the the bottom end is weak.

ralbelt

I had a cracked head, replaced it with a new one, had the other one checked and valves replaced or resurfaced as needed. Was about $500.00 with all the gaskets IIRC. I was able to run the engine prior to tearing it apart so I was confident the bottom was good.

I would pass on it.