• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Fuel Rate

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've not seen much conversation on adjusting the fuel rate on the 6.2. I have one that is completely gutless. What are the problems associated with bumping up the fuel on the N/A 6.2? This truck emits zero smoke under and conditions. Going to try bumping up to see what happens.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
... What are the problems associated with bumping up the fuel on the N/A 6.2? This truck emits zero smoke under and conditions. Going to try bumping up to see what happens.
Turn that screw in 1/8 of a turn and you'll probably notice both, some smoke during acceleration and about 1% more pep. :)
¼ turn would be lots of smoke and possibly 2% more power…!:lol:

(Don’t have to tell you which screw to turn…)

G.

dependable

well I'll admit ignorance . What screw do you turn? I Know there are at least two injector pumps out there and the auto parts stores will often sell you the lower HP rebuild. I have a 1028 that is a dog. I am at least the third owner, so I don't know its history. Has less get up and gets worse mileage than my other cucv's. Has low miles, no smoke. Any smart tips? The high idle kick down works after warm up. I never did figure out how t check static timing on these 6.2s. I always figured someone put the lower output injector pump in it at some point.

CCATLETT1984

Use a NEW allen wrench, if you strip that screw the only way to fix it is to tear the pump apart and replace it.

I would not go more than a 1/8 turn unless you have a pyrometer to watch the EGT's. The first thing to go on these engines with too much fuel are the pistons (they will melt). Look in the tech articles under the resources tab at the top of the page, the "banks turbo install" shows how to adjust the fuel rate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks