• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Fuel System ?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On these 6.2 systems, what retains the fuel in the lines? Is there a checkvalve somewhere? Mine has a problem with fuel draining back in the tank over night and it's a pain to bleed it out every morning. I know my IP is on the way out!

burbn10

It's usually the lift pump. It would make your IP pump work like crap if the lift pump is going too. They are about $45 at Advance Auto parts. Could be the air bleeder valve on the filter or the filter itself too.

lavarok

Kenny - top of the ip pump on the return line there is a check valve. There is also one in the lift pump.

Either going bad OR an air leak will cause the issue your facing.

Air leaks from the tank to the lift pump wont usually be obvious as that line is under vacuum. Pressure the tank to see if there is a leak in the supply line. No more than 12psi ...

kapnklug

This seems to be a common problem. When it started with mine, I installed a Walbro FRB-22 electric fuel pump and prefilter near the tank, inline with the stock lift pump. More expensive ($120 w/ shipping) than replacing the mechanical lift pump, but alot easier install and now bleeding the system is automatic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks