• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 on WVO in 110 temps

Gunfreak25

I live in Yuma, AZ where it's about 110 in the summertime. Can the 6.2 run on a 50/50 diesel/WVO mix in this temperature okay?

Westech

CPL
Sure... it will just eat up the Injection pump and injectors. WMO in a 6.2 you really need to filter to 1-2 Microns and even at that the carbon in the fuel will eat stuff up.

Gunfreak25

Thanks, and for winter temps which are usually 42 degrees at night and 55-60 during the day. Would the same mix do okay without heating or should the WVO be reduced to 25%? I am not ready to go full heated 100% WVO just yet, so I am looking at the different WVO/diesel ratios that will work for my area without needing dual tanks, heaters, etc. Whatever will cut the cost of fuel for now. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks