• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 or 6.2 turbo

southdave

Ok been getting my bastard CUCV ready puting a tubro on it. I chose to go on an odessey, building it out of junk ie GL , junkyards and donations from friends. So happen to procure some humvee takeout motors one them happen to real nice looking 6.5 N/A . The motor I have in the cucv now is 92(goodwrench motor) 6.2 out of van that was bought in 98 from gm. So far on the 1009 I have installed rebuilt 700r4 new wiring harness ect.. the motor swap would take 3hr or less been in and out three time all ready. still have abunch crap to do it hasn't moved under it own power as of yet. My question keep it 6.2 or should I swap in the 6.5 I going to try to start it in the can on the 26th BTW either way it get a turbo.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd do whichever motor I can hear run. If you are going to ground hop it in the can you will need to modify the right rear mount holding the engine, it will not clear the starter.

southdave

thanks I didn't catch that, busy trying figure out the elect. crap needed to start the dang burn thing I have an old harness for the plugs an injector changing ends and such ect and everything is 24 V the way it should be. this going to take some thought, once again thanks

southdave

bite me lol
kinda what I figured, after recovery pooped on my parade with all his right rear mount stuff he must be a dad lol it was a reality check, guess just do some landscaping project with cans, maybe a nice fish pond or with a padtio

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks