• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5L GEP swap.....which hose to connect A2 PS pump to Hydro-boost?

beckel

OK...making great progress on the swap from a 6.2L 3 spd to a 6.5L 4l80E. The new power pack is in and now the hard work of making all the required connections begins.

I need to reconnect the high pressure line from the A2 style power steering pump (reservoir on top of engine) to the old hydro-boost system. I plan to use the A2 hose but the end that connects to the hydro-boost unit has the wrong style connection.

If anyone else has done the swap would you mind telling me how you connected to the hydro-boost? I suspect there is an adapter of some sort that screws into the hydro-boost and then the new A2 hose screws on.

The other option is to swap to the new A2 hydro-boost but that looks like a pain.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

beckel

Looks like I was wrong about the hydro-boost. The A0 and A2 appear to be the same and a fitting is in fact required to adapt the hose. The TM shows a PN ([h=1]01-493-4056)[/h]...just need to track it down now.

linhster

OK...making great progress on the swap from a 6.2L 3 spd to a 6.5L 4l80E. The new power pack is in and now the hard work of making all the required connections begins.

I need to reconnect the high pressure line from the A2 style power steering pump (reservoir on top of engine) to the old hydro-boost system. I plan to use the A2 hose but the end that connects to the hydro-boost unit has the wrong style connection.

If anyone else has done the swap would you mind telling me how you connected to the hydro-boost? I suspect there is an adapter of some sort that screws into the hydro-boost and then the new A2 hose screws on.

The other option is to swap to the new A2 hydro-boost but that looks like a pain.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I reused the hose end connectors from the old hose. The ends can be detach from the hose. Otherwise you can wait for the new one to come.