• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

600 Gallon Fuel Tank

Earl_Beverly

I bought 4 of the aluminum 600 gallon fuel tanks from GSA/Forest service. They were used for water storage and have holes from corrosion and or electrolisys. Is there an easy fix? A cleaner and coating, or bladder for these tanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Earl_Beverly

Hi Phil and Wrekerman,
I really have need for the tanks. But, if I can't repair, I will keep you in mind on the lid.
I put in a blind bid with GSA and got these tanks. I never expected them to have the holes, rather that the valves, latches and such would need repair. I have used quite a bit of Brownells Acuglass epoxy with aluminum filings mixed in. That may be the answer. I have also considered a small wire feed welder.
Earl

stampy

Expoxy may expand differntly than the aluminum if there are large temperature swings. I would heliarc or braze with aluminum rod and a torch.

emr

I have one like new with the 24 volt pump and hose and nosel , yeesh cant spell that one,,, and black bucket that goes with a complete set for 1500.....A military hand pump goes with it too. ....fyi....

Last edited:

Bill W

If they are just pinholes I would coat the tank with Steel Flex#9XS made by Fasco ( see link )
I've used this product on my bilge cleaning truck which had a 400gal steel tank which I later replaced with a mil aluminum 600gal tank( I coated the bottom half of both tanks ) It is extremely durable and will hold up to oil and gasoline

Fasco unlimited

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks