• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

602 carburetor upgrade

jollygreen6x6

Somewhere out there, in the vast deep of video game sites and pop-up ads :banghead: , I think I remember dredging up some kind of discussion about a carburator upgrade for a 602. I didn't pay much attention at the time :nono: , but now I seem to be interested in such a device. IIRC, it was supposed to increase fuel economy from 2-6 MPG to about 8-11 :confused: MPG, as well as increase horsepower and torque. Does anyone know(if it exists) where I might find one of these and how much it might cost? Getting 11 MPG out of that SOB torquemonster [^] of a motor sounds pretty darn good.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have also heard this rumor about the reputed fuel-efficient Zenith carb, but I can't remember where I heard it.

I do know that Saturn Surplus has the Zenith for $125.
Look on this page: http://www.saturnsurplus.com/m35/m35-2.htm
I just bought one. Nice people and fast shipping. (It is NOS. Cast Iron - It's like a 25 pound carb - Yikes!!! Its huge!):lol:

Haven't got a chance to try it out yet. The Zenith bolts directly to the intake manifold same as the Holley - six studs. Be careful those intakes are brittle!!
However, the lines for the govenor, fuel line, and accelerator rod are in different places, . . . but don't fret - Saturn provides the necessary fittings to adapt.
Please note: it appears that you no longer can use the engine stop cable with the zenith. No provisions to hook it up? I guess you just have to kill the spark with the ignition switch to shut it down?:confused:

Jeff