• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

602 carburetor upgrade

jollygreen6x6

Somewhere out there, in the vast deep of video game sites and pop-up ads :banghead: , I think I remember dredging up some kind of discussion about a carburator upgrade for a 602. I didn't pay much attention at the time :nono: , but now I seem to be interested in such a device. IIRC, it was supposed to increase fuel economy from 2-6 MPG to about 8-11 :confused: MPG, as well as increase horsepower and torque. Does anyone know(if it exists) where I might find one of these and how much it might cost? Getting 11 MPG out of that SOB torquemonster [^] of a motor sounds pretty darn good.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have also heard this rumor about the reputed fuel-efficient Zenith carb, but I can't remember where I heard it.

I do know that Saturn Surplus has the Zenith for $125.
Look on this page: http://www.saturnsurplus.com/m35/m35-2.htm
I just bought one. Nice people and fast shipping. (It is NOS. Cast Iron - It's like a 25 pound carb - Yikes!!! Its huge!):lol:

Haven't got a chance to try it out yet. The Zenith bolts directly to the intake manifold same as the Holley - six studs. Be careful those intakes are brittle!!
However, the lines for the govenor, fuel line, and accelerator rod are in different places, . . . but don't fret - Saturn provides the necessary fittings to adapt.
Please note: it appears that you no longer can use the engine stop cable with the zenith. No provisions to hook it up? I guess you just have to kill the spark with the ignition switch to shut it down?:confused:

Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks