• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6602 parts

FreightTrain

Banned
Who stocks 6602 parts other than Memphis?Want to start looking for some parts like plugs,wires,wiring harness,intake and exhaust manifolds(might be cracked),exhaust system for a M52(under truck side spitter),Filters,etc.I am sure some of these parts are available from normal stores but what do I need to tell them to find the parts?Not like I can just say I need a filter for a 602CI continental engine.That would be too simple.You gotta give them a year,make,model,engine,vin code,the first middle and last name of the guy doing the QC inspection the day the engine was machined,the guy that delivered the drinks to the plant the day it was assembled,and where Mars was the second it was installed in the truck now to get anything.Even to test an alternator they gotta have all the info on the vehicle.....and when your as strange as me,it is real fun.....Postal jeeps,and army trucks,and railroad inspection carts......

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Filter is the military standard senior oil filter, equiv of Fram C31. That is about all besides points that you will get locally. Most dealers have scrapped the 6602 stuff due to zero demand. But some still have some stuff, try Niagara Military Parts. Plugs are the usual military shielded, same as M37 etc. Wires you may have to get creative, such as using two new production sets from a M38 jeep for example.

Monty

Saturn surplus carries some parts, I was suprised that my local Napa store had a book in back with the oil filter numbers.

I'm going back to pic up extra filters and I'll see what else they can get.

I belive these engines were used in the civilian world to, I just can't remeber in what application.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need a carb I'll send it to you if you pay shipping. I'm tired of tripping over it in the shop.

grounded

Banned
I got a whole extra engine, trans, radiator, and about a extra engine worth of spare parts coming out of a good running truck.

but you have to fight Papabear for it. he wants it ;)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me your address and let me weigh it. You'll have to pay shipping :wink:. Other than that it's yours.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
My post was childish and uncalled for grounded...so I pulled it.
Seriously though..I don't really "need" it...just wanted to swap your's in cause it's a known runner and mine has only been run for a few minutes.

All is good:oops:

grounded

Banned
its all good. I figured you was yanking my chain. We made a pack and told you i stick with it. Besides i rather it keep getting used then just freezing up sitting under a cover in corner of my building ;)

FreightTrain

Banned
well,If PB doesn't want it then how much do you actually want for it.PM me if you want to keep it hush hush......I will not buy it if PB is wishing to purchase/trade for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks